This time next week I'll be starting off on some woolly travels, and I'm really looking forward to it. The UK tour last year was a *huge* success, albeit exhausting, and I'd no idea how things would work out this autumn, given the fun and games that has been life this year. It feels good knowing that it's going to happen again :)
I'll have with me a suitcase full of Hats, and the plans are...
- There'll be book launch for Playful Woolly Toppers at iKnit London on thursday 24th October! I'll have loads of copies of the book with me for signing, as well as all of the Hats for trying on. Thursday knit night is one of the few I can get to when I'm in the area, and it's always a good night. And incase you didn't know, iKnit is the only licensed yarn shop in the UK and they sell a scrumptious organic cider..
- Sadly Fibre Flurry has been cancelled, and so the gals over at Stitch Solihull (Brimingham) have put something together for those tutors, stallholders and visitors who were due to be at FF. On saturday 26th October I'll be running the Hat Clinic and signing books, and on Sunday 27th October I'll be teaching my Hat Design workshop. I'll be staying with my very good friend BabyLongLegs for a few days, and I can't want. We'll be together on the saturday, selling books, patterns & yarn and I don't doubt it's going to be a weekend full of antics ;) Friends Rock+Purl and CoopKnits will also be there, and a few more besides!
- After I leave BabyLongLegs and Leicester, I'll be heading north to Southport to spend a few days with another close friend, Susan Crawford. We haven't made any plans yet, but we'll likely be found visiting the vintage shops and yarn shops.
- From Southport I'll be heading to Cambridge (via London! Budget travel = coach travel = lots of knitting time) to stay with another good friend, Liz from Knitting on the Green. Whilst there, I'll be teaching my Increase/Decrease workshop at the Sheep Shop, and running the Hat Clinic and signing books. I hear rumours that there may be a knitterly sunday pub lunch that weekend too, and that can't be missed.
- After Cambridge, I'll be heading north again (via London again! Gotta love this coach travel malarkey) to Kendal. There I will be visiting Williams Wools to teach my Cast-on/Cast-off workshop and signing books and more.
After that, I'll head back to Essex on the thursday, then fly out to Italy at a ridiculous hour on the friday morning.
It's going to be a busy 2 1/2 weeks! I get to see friends and visit yarn shops and try on Hats and sign books and it's going to be just the tonic.
I'll be bringing along printed copies of Playful Woolly Toppers with me to sell and sign, and as a bonus, each copy will have a unique code that allows you to download the PDF for the book for free, to give you a working copy!
As an extra, I'll also be selling single patterns and other books in digital format, in addition to any printed copies the shops may carry. I know digital patterns aren't quite as nice as the printed pieces at events, so to make up for that I'm having some limited edition postcards printed up, which can be signed, and each will also have a unique download code, depending on the pattern(s) purchased. You get something a little special and the chance to buy a pattern or book through your LYS, and I get to *not* carry lots of printed patterns and books in my suitcase. Win-win!
And as 1st November falls during my travels, the traditional starting date of the Mystery KAL, I'll also have the samples with me. If there is sufficient alcohol or bribery involved, I may be willing to get them out of the suitcase..
If any of these events are near you, I do hope you'll come along and try on a few Hats? These few weeks are a chance for me to get away from all the madness here and have some woolly fun, and I'd like to share that.
I can't believe this is all only a week away!