For me, at least. Or they are when I remember to write them.
My head is swimming with stuff, work load is going bonkers, so I'm going to put my current list here so that a) I don't lose it and b) anyone and everyone can hold me to it - no shirking if it's public, right?
Anything relating to the Kitchener book won't be here - these are all tasks that need to be finished before the Kitchener book takes over my life and absorbs my brain again.
- Yarn for current secret knitting project has arrived, and this needs to be finished ASAP. that means swatch, knitting, blocking, pattern writing, chart drafting & with any luck some modelled photos before it gets sent off to the editor.
- Other remaining secret knitting project - double check pattern and send of files & photos to editor - that one can be ticked off soon!
- Additional photos needed of Mushroom Cap, so that it can go off for tech editing. Hoorah - that pattern has been waiting forever to be published.
- Photo credit links need to be added to pattern pages.
- Finish Hat blocking tutorial and upload. It's over halfway done but languishing in a digital corner.
- Be good and put the other new design ideas on hold. Self discipline is not my strong point, but if I don't do this the Kitchener book won't get published this year.
- Block current Hats for Photos project and get them modelled (possibly the same time as modelling secret knitting pattern?)
- 3-needle bind-off tutorial, possibly spit-splicing too. There are plans for a tubular cast-on for knitting in the round too, but that one can be put on hold.
- Decide how to represent cables in new chart layout - which knitting font & symbols? Must be sorted for number of reasons.
- Finalise new graphics layouts. DO NOT start reformatting all patterns. Doh.
- Sort photos & layout for joint (currently secret but won't be for too much longer) project with BabyLongLegs :)
- Only start formatting pattern bundles if brain needs a break - DO NOT start doing this to avoid working on the book.
If I think of anymore I'll add them, and as they get done I'll cross them of the list (though a few are 'notes to self', so if you see me doing something I shouldn't feel free to confiscate my knitting needle collection as punishment, ok?)
Have I missed anything? Anything obvious?
Happy birthday to my Dad and Mary-Lou!