Y'know, it never ceases to amaze me as to how much support and care is out there in Blogland - Thank you all so much for your thoughts and kind words :) Really, you're all great. If Blogger allowed me I'd email personally to say that but nevermind. Thanks especially to those who have left messages about the Venlafaxine - it's really useful to hear from other users about the good things and bad things.
I survived the day at work, although just before morning registration I came over v.hot and light headed. Nonetheless, this teacher battled on and managed to walk out in one piece come 3pm. The obligatory afternoon nap turned into 4 hours of heavy sleep, and if it wasn't for the fact that Tom dragged me out of bed and poured strong coffee down my neck, I'd have slept through to February. Oh, such quality of life!
Nikki of Purple Kitchen fame has now tagged me for a couple of meme's (doing it now, ok?) I'm not always a great fan of meme's unless they're crafty ones.... Yet somewhere out there my Secret Pal might be lurking, wondering if there's more to me than sleep, woolly hats and anti-depressants.... so my dear, these are for you!
Seven times Seven meme
Seven things to do before I die:-
- learn Spanish
- bear offspring and pass on my skills
- escape from London and probably the UK
- stay of the AD's and be happy being Me
- go to South America
- get infamous for my woolly hats! (you gotta laugh at the audacity of it ;)
- fulfil all my dreams
Seven things I cannot do:-
- speak Spanish, or any language other than English..
- be a morning person
- wear high heels
- stop changing 'things'
- do the housework reguarly
- abide by the rules
- drive a fork-lift truck
Seven things that attract me to blogging:-
- being part of a community
- meeting loads of new people yet still be a recluse
- showcase what I've been up to, textiles wise
- record my moods
- show the 'real me' from behind closed doors
- the knowledge that I'm not alone
- inspiration, ideas and techniques
Seven things I say most often:-
- 'nice one'
- 'Ladies, please! (as in the teaching sense)
- 'mind....' (as in the pondering sense)
- 'I love you' (to Tom, obviously)
- 'Thank you' ('cos I'm nice like that)
Seven books that I love:-
- Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
- Goodbye Johnny Thunders - Tania Kindersely
- Generation X - Douglas Coupland
- Life After God - Douglas Coupland
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera
- The Master and Margarita - Mikhail Bulgakov
- Laughable Loves - Milan Kundera
Seven movies I watch over and over again:-
- Dracula (Gary Oldman rocks)
- Room with a View
- Benny & Joon
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Withnail and I
(ok, that's 8 not 7. Who cares?)
Know Your Friends meme (with some ammendments)
1) What time did you get up this morning?
- 6.20am. Don't go there.
2) Diamonds or Pearls?
3) What was the last film you saw at the Cinema?
- I honestly can't remember....
4) What is your favourite TV show?
- probably Buffy The Vampire Slayer
5) What do you usually have for breakfast?
- workdays I have toast in the staffroom. Weekends/days off... either muesli or bacon sarnies
6) Favourite cuisine?
- toughie! Proper Italian pizza or Indian
7) What food do you dislike?
- banana's, seafood (allergy), sweetcorn, corned beef
8) What is your favourite CD at the moment?
- hmmm... London Calling by The Clash
9) Morning or night person?
- an angel of the night, darling.
10) Favourite sandwich?
- bacon and avacado (dribble)
11) What characteristic do you despise?
- only one?? Fascism & power/control freaks. Ignorance. Arrogance.
12) Your favourite item of clothing?
- again, only one? Probably my grey combats
13) What colour is your bathroom?
- mainly white with some blue and chrome stuff
14) If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
- South America or Koa Tao
15) Favourite brand of clothing?
- anything made by Ruth ;) Seriously, don't do brands or labels
16) Where would you retire?
- Can't think that far ahead! Near the coast probably....
17) What was your most memorable birthday?
- 30th, for lots of reasons
18) Favourite sport to watch?
- none. I *loathe* sport.
19) What is your favourite shape?
- circles and spirals
20) Chocolate or cheese?
- cheese; the smellier the better!
21) What was your first car?
- 1976 Mini 1000 in pale blue and I called her 'Dolly'
22) Any exciting news you'd like to share with us?
- said this one already, but one of my patterns being accepted by MagKnits!
23) What did you want to be when you were little?
- happy. And an artist (one outta two ain't bad....)
24) What is your favourite flower?
- sea thistle. The only flower I like.
25) What date on the calender are you looking forward to?
- 10th Feb. Day before my birthday and we break up for half-term :)
Being as there's been a few photoless posts on here recently, I've decided to share a shot that Tom took of our christmas tree... I dabble a bit in Lomography (my gallery can be seen here) and I reckon Tom's done a pretty good job of trying to achieve the same effects with a digital camera. Basically, a Lomo camera is just a tatty old plastic pin-hole camera that's taken on such a cult status, it's untrue. Go have a peep and see what it's all about....